Saturday, August 05, 2006

If one more person says I ate Rudolf...

Today we went to a restaurant near Helsinki Central station. And I can honestly say it's the best tractor-themed restaurant I've ever been to.

I wasn't really looking to be too adventurous with the Finnish food but when I saw the dish called 'Pimp my Reindeer' (yes, it was actually called that on the menu), I knew I couldn't turn it down. Most of us went for it as well, and I think everyone was pleasently surprised. It was actually really nice, one of the best meat dishes I've ever had. The Finnish beer, Koff, on the other hand was nothing special. I get the feeling I'll be trying many other drinks so I'm sure I'll find something better soon.

Afterwards a few of us went to an Irish pub, which was a bit surreal what with being in Helsinki, as it seemed just like in the movies, crammed with merry people singing along to the live music. We then went to a nightclub (which are apparently pretty rare) and stayed there until about 4am, which is a bit annoying as I had to get up early today as I'm going to another new country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home