Sunday, August 06, 2006

Onwards to Estonia...

Today I went to Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, by boat. It only takes 90 mins on the fast ship from Helsinki. It's a popular destination for buying cheap alcohol as the prices are massively cheaper than in Finland, where state-run shops have a monopoly on alcohol sales. It's basically like Calais is for the English. However, it's also a great tourist destination and has one of the best-preserved old towns in Europe. Pretty much every building in this area is historic, it's incredibly picturesque.

There are sights like this at every turn

View of the old town

Sounds painful...

Being from London, the prices of everything were amazingly low. I think I could just move to Estonia right now and still live confortably off my student loan for life.

I got back quite late which is annoying because I haven't had a decent night's sleep since I got here and tommorow we're going hiking in Nuuksio National Park which will probably be hard work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home