Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fun With Flash Photography

I am still alive and well here in Helsinki! Apologies for failing to update for so long but the last week has been insane. I've been out on the town every night for the last 8 days and I'm going out tonight, so this lifestyle has really been quite a drain on me. As I mentioned in my last update I went camping last weekend and will write an update about that soon.

Bus stop at night

Now as for the rather random topic of this post, I'm doing a group presentation on Monday about flash photography so I've been messing about with various techniques over the past few days. I've got some great shots, although I haven't actually got all of them at the moment as they're at my friend's place.

The highway through Leppavaara

We've borrowed 2 large professional flashes from the university for this project and have been getting up to all sorts of antics with them. They can be activated by remote, so we've been placing them in fun places like trees to scare pedestrians, by the road to look like police cameras and we gave my friend's flatmate a hell of a scare once he got out of the shower!

Matrix Style

I've got quite a good time in Finland lined up, with a trip to Russia in November just paid for, a trip to Stockholm also in November about to be booked and I'm going to see my first ice hockey match on Tuesday at the biggest arena in Helsinki. I'll write another update as soon as I have some spare time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home