Sunday, September 03, 2006

Best .Taxi. Ride. Ever.

I'm going to quickly recap a few of the events last week, before I dicuss my travels over the weekend. I started university on Monday (I'll discuss uni in more detail another time) and many of the days are from 8am - 7pm, which needless to say is ridiculously long and leaves me with little free time, so I can't update this blog as often as I'd like.

Anyway, on to the more interesting things...

On Wednesday I went to Maija's birthday party at her apartment in NE Helsinki. She was one of the language course tutors, so quite a few of the students went together - me, Rachel, Jenny, Giulia, Andrew and we met a few others like Sebastian and Luca there. One of my tutors, Kaisa, was there which was a nice surprise as well. We stayed at her apartment for a while before getting the bus back to the centre and going to Lost and Found, a former gay club. For some reason it seems that every club or bar in Helsinki claim that they used to be gay! This one was just like every other club I've been to so far, although it was a little small. The most interesting time came when we left at 4am, with no trains or buses running at that time it seemed that we would have to get a taxi. And then we saw it... the KARAOKE TAXI!



Basically a mini-bus with a karaoke system, we all piled in and headed for Kannelmaki for some random reason. I'm still not quite sure why I went - it's quite far from where I live and I had to be at classes by 8am! Maybe it had something to do with...KARAOKE TAXI!!! The first song was a clear choice...the winning entry by Lordi in the Eurovision Song Contest. Then we moved onto singing some popular Finnish songs as you can see above and then finally 'My Way'...with the foreigners singing in Finnish and the Finns singing in English, rather confusingly.



Once at Kannelmaki we all headed to Luca's flat and I eventually fell asleep on the sofa, only to wake up at about midday when I should have been at uni, and with the flat completely empty. I swear there were about 10 others there when I drifted off!

Not much else to speak of for the rest of the week...I went to BarFly on Thursday night where by coincidence I met pretty much every student I know from my university, got horribly drunk and ended up going to McDonalds with my neighbours from Leppavaara.

Ok that's enough for now...I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard. I've been walking for 6 hours non-stop both today and yesterday (more on that tommorow) and have to be at uni at 8am!

10 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your R-A-K-A-S sounds really great xDD I've sang the song on a buss with about 30 people.. there's gotta be something wrong with Finns ^^

 
At 3:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ab?ad?b

 
At 7:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interestingly, I even do not intend on this ...

 
At 6:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.medcareforyou.com/product/aricept/

 
At 3:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article
http://buyzolpidem-zolpidem.blogspot.com/2011/01/weightlosspack.html

 
At 3:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://valium.blog.com/2011/01/04/buy-valium-online

 
At 6:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://sonniksnet.blog.com/2011/01/08/order-mefenorex

 
At 12:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was scanning for! You just spared me alot of searching around

 
At 12:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you
http://ordererimin.putblog.com/2011/01/10/4/

 
At 1:42 pm, Anonymous Erectile Dysfunction said...

Great website, looks very clean and organized. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home