Thursday, August 24, 2006

End of the EILC, on to England...

So today the Erasmus Intensive Language Course came to an end with the final exam. Everyone on the course seems to be very sad, because so many people are leaving this weekend to different places across Finland. Robin is going the furthest, to Lapland, and others are going to places like Tampere, Turku and Oulu. Quite a few of us (myself included) are staying in Helsinki, so I suppose it's not the end of the world.

However, I am flying to England this evening to go to the Reading Festival for the weekend. This means I'll miss out on the massive party tonight (and no doubt tommorow) and a final chance to say goodbye to so many new friends. It's a big shame but there's nothing I can do. So to everybody leaving, goodbye, good luck and hopefully I'll see you sometime!

I fly back on Sunday but I'm in a bit of a pickle...the plane arrives quite late at Tampere airport so I will miss the last train back to Helsinki (it's 2 hours away). I don't know what I will do, as I start university on Monday and obviously really need to be there - I've already missed the first week! I may end up stuck in Tampere overnight. I guess I didn't think this trip out well enough, but that's what happens when you book tickets months in advance. I'm heading to the station in an hour and will meet up with Robin for one last drink before he goes to Lapland. If I make it back in one piece I'll hopefully be able to update my blog sometime next week.

Moi Moi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home