Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Party

Tuesday was Halloween so that meant...Halloween party! It's not a very big thing at all in Finland, in fact it's not really celebrated in Europe at all as far as I know, so the party was mainly for the exchange students.

BLUUURGH I'M A ZOMBIE

Since returning from the cottage trip on Sunday night I had been frantically trying to finish my coursework (which took me until 6am on Tuesday), so I didn't put any thought into making a costume. Luckily, my friend Florian turned up with some face paint so we got to work.

Yes we had to ride the train looking like this. The other passengers were not impressed.

I decided to be a zombie, using the green from the pirate face paint set, but as I had the eye-patch as well I was able to become a...zombie-pirate! Florian went for the clown look but ended up looking a bit, well, you can see...

He looks kind of depressed but his face is smiling so he must be ok...

Riding the train was quite fun - as I mentioned earlier Finns do not celebrate Halloween so many were wondering why we looked like we did. I must say I had fun scaring people out of the window ;)

The party itself was good fun. It was held in Vanha, a large venue in Helsinki and organised by the Erasmus Student Network. Some people had really gone to town on the whole costume thing, with some very elaborate designs. Others went for the simpler look, including somebody wearing just a pineapple on his head (and won a prize for most innovative costume).

Winners of the costume contest

There were a few too many men dressed as women for my liking, especially as after a few beers I started to get a bit...confused and...well, never mind. But I was so tired after staying up all night on my coursework so I headed home before the end and spent a while frantically trying to get the make up off. Some of it was still left on the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home